Spain will play against Sweden, Greece, Georgia and Kosovo
The Spanish team already know their rivals in the qualifying phase for the Qatar 2022 World Cup. Sweden, Kosovo, Greece and Georgia will face Spain to get a direct pass to the World Cup. The Spanish team is part of Group B. A priori, it is an accessible group for Luis Enrique’s players.
Without a doubt, the most difficult selection for “La Roja” is the Swedish. Both teams have met again as they already did in Europe. The rest of the teams, Greece, Georgia and Kosovo should not present problems for Luis Enrique’s men.
13 European places for the Qatar World Cup
Between March and November 2021, 55 European teams will compete to get one of the 13 places to play the Qatar World Cup 2022. The draw took place this afternoon at 6:00 p.m. at the UEFA headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. There are ten groups in the qualifying phase. 5 groups of 5 teams, and another 5 with 6 teams.
After the championship, those teams that finish first in the group will be guaranteed a place for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. The three remaining places will come out of the play-offs for the second group that will be measured in a single match.
- Group A: Portugal, Serbia, Republic of Ireland, Luxembourg, Azerbaijan
- Group B: Spain, Sweden, Greece, Georgia and Kosovo
- Group C: Italy, Switzerland, Northern Ireland, Bulgaria and Lithuania.
- Group D: France, Ukraine, Finland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kazakhstan.
- Group E: Belgium, Wales, Czech Republic, Belarus, Estonia.
- Group F: Denmark, Austria, Scotland, Israel, Faroe Islands, Moldova
- Group G: Netherlands, Turkey, Norway, Montenegro, Latvia, Gibraltar
- Group H: Croatia, Slovakia, Russia, Slovenia, Cyprus, Malta
- Group I: England, Poland, Hungary, Albania, Andorra, San Marino
- Group J: Germany, Romania, Iceland, North Macedonia, Armenia, Liechtenstein.