The elections to the presidency of FC Barcelona will take place on Sunday, January 24. This has been announced by the Club Management Commission chaired by Carles Tusquets. Bartomeu and the board of directors resigned on October 27, days before the motion of censure. The Més que una moció platform got some 20,000 partner signatures to carry it out.
The Management Commission, headed by Carles Tusquets, has decided to call the elections for the Barça presidency on Sunday, January 24, 2021. Elections that will be held, for the first time, in a decentralized manner due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In the coming days, the electoral calendar, the venues and the logistics management to be agreed with the Generalitat will be announced. The objective is to avoid the overcrowding of the venues to avoid future infections.
- Victor Font. A priori he is the favorite candidate to preside over the football entity. He is currently CEO of Delta Parterns Group. Toni Nadal, a former Barcelona player, is part of his candidacy. His ace up his sleeve, the former culé player, Xavi Hernández.
- Jordi Farré. Precusor of the motion of censure to Bartomeu. A pre-candidate in 2015, he failed to gather the necessary signatures for the candidacy.
- Toni Freixa. The lawyer will try again the objective of being president of Barça after his failure in 2015. He was part of the board of directors of Joan Laporta.
- Agustí Benedito. The third time is the charm, the businessman who already tried in the 2010 and 2015 elections must think.
- Xavi Vilajoana. He has been an executive member of the Board of Directors since 2015. He is one of the candidates who would continue the legacy of former President Bartomeu.
- Lluís Fernández Alá. He is without a doubt the most unknown candidate for Blaugrana fans. He promises to go back to the origins and bet on the players of the club’s quarry.
- Pere Riera i Paul. Another of the candidates unknown to the public. He is an entrepreneur in the chemical and real estate sector. It promises transparency about the financial situation of the club.
The elections to the presidency of FC Barcelona will take place on January 24. These are the seven confirmed candidates, to date, to preside over one of the most important clubs in the world. It is still a mystery if finally Joan Laporta, president of the entity during 2003-2010, will present a candidacy. Like Joan Rosell or Emili Rousaud.