The Asian handicap is used mainly in soccer. Bettors who opt for this Asian modality should know that the possibility of a tie is totally ruled out. It is common for a soccer game to end in a draw. With the Asian handicap, the bookmakers give an initial goal advantage or disadvantage to one of the opposing teams to balance the match.
Here are some examples of what happens when the bettor decides to bet using this method.
Asian handicap 0.0
This bet is made, the result is really even and the teams have the same chances of winning and there is no handicap.
- Win the bet when the team you bet on wins the match
- Lose the bet if the team you have bet on loses the match.
- Get the bet back if the result is a draw.
Asian Handicap -1.5
- Win as long as the team you’ve bet on scores two or more goals.
- Lose if the team you bet on only scores one goal.
- Lose if the team you bet on loses the match.
- You also lose if the result is a draw.
Asian Handicap -1.75
- Win if the team you’ve bet on scores at least three goals.
- You would win half the bet and get the other back if the team you bet on scores two goals.
- Lose the bet whenever you lose, draw or there is only one goal difference.
Asian Handicap +0.75
- Win whenever your team wins or draws.
- Lose if the team you bet on loses by two goals or more.
- Get half your bet back if you lose by a goal.
Asian Handicap +2
- Win if the team you bet on wins, draws or loses by a goal.
- Get your initial bet back if you lose by two goals.
- Lose if you receive three or more goals